Definitions and interpretation
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
E-City Chauffeur Ltd, or us
E-City Chauffeur Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC577274 whose registered office is at 61 Denholm Avenue, Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 6TY;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by E-City Chauffeur Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to E-City Chauffeur Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, www.e-citychauffeur.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including"; is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. IP address (automatically collected);
b. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
c. Operating system (automatically collected);
d. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Personal data we collect
FareHarbor collects, processes, stores and uses personal data when you book a tour with us, and some of this information is passed on to us, including your name, email address, and telephone number. Stripe is the company which processes your online payment and they also securely hold your payment information. We do not receive details of your payment method (card numbers, expiry dates, security codes) and have no access to this level of your personal data.
You may also provide us with personal data about other people if you are booking a tour on their behalf. You agree that you have notified any other person whose personal data that you provide to us of this privacy notice and, where necessary, obtained their consent so that we can lawfully process their personal data in accordance with this policy.
When you contact us by email, we may keep a record of our correspondence.
Data we automatically collect
When you visit our website or the FareHarbor bookings processor, we, or third parties on our behalf, automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device's unique ID number; (b) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (c) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; and (d) statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information using cookies as detailed below, and we use the information we collect on an anonymous basis to improve our website, bookings system, our events and the services we provide, and for analytical and research purposes.
We will never use your personal data routinely to contact you for marketing purposes. You may receive a limited number of messages from us following our tour, inviting you to leave feedback on TripAdvisor or another review site, but your details will not be held or stored in a manner that is utilised for ongoing marketing, nor will those details be sold or otherwise made available to any other organisations for any purpose.
If you have otherwise booked a tour with us or contacted us with a question or comment, we may retain your personal data for 6 months following such contact.
Lawful processing of your personal data
We will use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligation to supply to you the tour/service package that you have booked, including to contact you with any information relating to the event, to deliver the event to you in accordance with any requests you make and that we agree to, and to deal with any questions, comments or complaints you have in relation to the event.
Who do we share your data with?
We may share your personal data with any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including payment providers, event ticketing providers, email communication providers, IT service providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers.
Under certain circumstances we may have to disclose your personal data under applicable laws and/or regulations, for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or protect a third party's rights, property, or safety.
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Bill 2017 (GDPR), Mr Nicolas Loisel, director of E-City Chauffeur Ltd is the company's "data officer".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Bill 2017 (GDPR). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
b. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
10. E-City Chauffeur Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by E-City Chauffeur Ltd (where such Data is held).
21. Data security is of great importance to E-City Chauffeur Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
25. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling E-City Chauffeur Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
27. This Website may place the following Cookies:
28. Type of Cookie:
Purpose Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
32. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
City Chauffeur Ltd by email at email@example.com.
01 November 2017